Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Well, I am working on my "Tags" ..a dinner party with famous people and embarrassing songs you love, and realized...I have been tagged for over two weeks and could have had 10 dinner parties and a decade of music will have gone by before I am able to make my mind up on my tags. I think I am thinking too much here! I loved being tagged too..thank you! You are asking...what is my problem..these famous people are dead and not really coming to dinner!
So, to avoid the subject again, here is my daughter's 13th birthday cake by Cake Nouveau! Yes, we have a hot, famous cake maker in Ann Arbor who actually has won Food Network awards. Courtney is adorable and this is the cake she made for my daughter's Hawaiian themed party. Check our her adorable creations on her website Cake Nouveau.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Here are my latest searches:
Barbour Jacket (for my son)
Dale of Norway Olympic Sweater New With Tags (Any Olympics)
Pots De Creme
Antique Pedestal Sideboard (house)
Herend Rust (me)
Antique Oyster Plates (for me)
King Cobra Women Fairway Driver 2008 (for my daughter)
Pottery Barn Kids --Caroline Bed skirt or Headboard Cover
Please share yours!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
26 Ways to Tell You Have Grown Up
1) Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
2) Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
3) You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4) 6:00 a.m. is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5) You hear your favorite song in an elevator.
6) You watch the Weather Channel.
7) Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and break up."
8) You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9) Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
10) You're the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo.
11) Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12) You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13) Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
14) You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.
15) Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16) You take naps.
17) Dinner and movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18) Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 a.m. would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
19) You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.
20) A four-dollar bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good sh*t."
21) You always eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22) "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."
23) 90 percent of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
24) You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
25) When you find out your friends are pregnant, you congratulate them instead of asking, "Oh sh*t, what the hell happened?"
26) You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your sorry butt.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
One woman said that they would like to have a separate check. I called the restaurant to arrange this in advance and then went early to talk to our waiter. I decided to order a bottle of reasonably priced sparkling wine and said "put it on my bill"(thinking it would be separate).
I wrote the owner of the restaurant a letter for other reasons, but it still brings up the same old problem...splitting the check. The head of Esquire Magazine said...after age 30, people should split the check evenly.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
My favorite sign from the Presidential Primary was vote none-of-the- above...."Gore 2008". This is a little confusing since Gore was not even on the ticket. The fact that someone would spend money for these signs...well, I am sure that you understand my point.
Also, perfectly logical people seem to have been drinking the Kool-aid when it comes to supporting candidates. I say, why are you supporting so and so. They do not have any real reason--which for such educated people, makes me concerned that they have lost their minds. If they are going to drink the Kool-aid, they might as well drink it in a stylish cup.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
We received an invitation to a Pool Party for this weekend that was from Evite, which I loved getting and it has been fun to see who is coming, and their comments to the host/hostess. I think EVITE seems to work for last minute parties. Being the invitation fan I am, and always loving the formality and elegance of a personal, hand written invitation, I am very against this.
Because of the 1 week time frame, I was forced to speed up the process and frankly, personal phone calls end up in rejection or last minute call criticism (yes this is last minute before the world goes on vacation next week), or my favorite, date negotiation (i.e., I would really like to come but am unable to make this date. Please let me know if it changes). I have choosen the cowardly route of the impersonal ....EVITE. I will make it up in ordering an elegant, stand-up purse cake that has a J Crew influence (pictures posted later). P.S. If you really want your grandmother to "roll over in her grave", you can even send your thank you notes to your guest through this site too.
Monday, July 7, 2008
I have started a little poll is to see how you measure your success as a blogger.
See the side panel to participate:
1.) Number of hits per day
2.) Number of comments
4.) Other ratings (such as: technorati.com)
5. ) Awards, mentions, tags, etc. from other bloggers
5.) Just do it for myself (do not care about any of the above)