Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Just a quick blog before we hit the club for Brunch. Christmas is full of traditions while Easter...is a little thin. But here are our traditions... 1. Fish Dinner Friday with Friends (we hosted it this year)
2. Saturday, Easter Party at Grandmother's place
3. Saturday Night, Dinner at my mom's and egg decorating
4. Baskets put out and kids leave a note and carrots for E. Bunny and the E.Bunny writes back.
5. We read..."The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes "
6. Eggs left by E. Bunny filled with $$ --8 inches of snow means inside egg hunt.
7. Baskets are left wrapped in cellophane with a bow and custom name card tied in the bow.
8. Baskets are hidden by E. Bunny and are hard to find.
10 Brunch at the club
11. Visit to Great Grandma
Even more impressive this year, because I am so picky, my children's baskets are white with green polka dot ribbon, white with pink polka dot ribbon and white with aqua polka dot ribbon. I have matching paper grass, custom name tags that match the ribbon and a white bow that holds the cellophane and name tag in place. Last year, I actually put everything (ribbon, grass, name tag and cellophane) in a Ziplock bag and saved it. This year, my life was a breeze and it took 5 minutes to assemble the baskets. This year my kids received a nice book, bag of pink, green and yellow maltballs, sugarless gum, matching calculators (pink, aqua or green), pencils, a Webkin Bunny, and clear game cards (old maid, crazy-8's, etc.)..these are new, Burt Bee's travel kit and footcare kit, and misc. boy toys..gummy egg (not edible) and a little plane, frog, etc. Lots of fun and excitment. WHAT ARE YOUR TRADITIONS?
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
1. Carolina Girls - General Johnson, General Johnson & the Chairmen of the Board
2. Shama Lama Ding Dong - Band of Oz
3. Rainy Day Bells - The Globetrotters
4. Did You Boogie (With Your Baby) - The Embers
5. Mr. Beach - Shagtime
6. Ocean Boulevard - Band of Oz
7. Hey Baby/39-21-46/I've Been Hurt - Buddy Causey
8. Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
9. Hold Back the Night - The Trammps
10. Tams Medley - The Tams
11. Beach Baby - The First Class
12. Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes - Edison Lighthouse
13. My Baby Loves Lovin' - White Plains
14. In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry
15. Tequila - The Champs
16. Sugar Sugar - The Archies
17. Stagger Lee - Lloyd Price
18. Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love) [Worst Morning After Version] - The Swingin' Medallions
19. Shake, Rattle & Roll - The Comets, Bill Haley
20. Twist - Chubby Checker
21. Wild Thing - The Troggs
22. Rock Around the Clock - The Comets, Bill Haley
23. Baby Let Me Bang Your Box - Doug Clark,
24. Shout - Legendary Dukes
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
I have just a good moment to reflect before I go to lunch with a girlfriend, two parties tomorrow night party, tennis tournament Sunday, birthday party sleepover for daughter C, basketball game for son T, soccer game (T), baseball clinic (T) and a school play with spaghetti dinner(B), dinner tonight with friends. I only have three more lunches and a group coffee next week, then I think my dear friends will be sick of celebrating my birthday. I think we will need that spring break to relax and for them to like me again! Is your life this crazy or are we crazy? As you can see, I have an affinity for 1950's Vogue magazine covers, I think this one is from 1952. I guess I love these covers because the 1950's style is pretty traditional and elegant. Anyway, just sharing something beautiful and if you can find a red hat for today, all the better.