Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Always in search of suitable clothing for my teen, we stumbled across Rugby in Georgetown last April. Traditional clothing with an updated twist. Expensive, yes...but worth it. My daughter purchased an adorable pink & green bathing suit and a pink and blue rugby shirt. For those who live in one of the cities below, you are lucky. For those who live in DC, you can even eat at the Rugby store in Georgetown. The website is limited so all you get is an impression of this line. Hopefully there will be more from this company in the future.
Rugby Stores in USA:
- California Palo Alto • 369 Stanford Shopping Center • 650.566.1053Mon-Fri 10-9, Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6 San Francisco • 2071 Union Street • 415.771.8714Mon-Sat 11-7, Sun 11-6
- Connecticut Greenwich • 195 Greenwich Avenue • 203.861.7053Mon-Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5 New Canaan • 115 Elm Street • 203.966.2035Sun 12-5, Mon-Sat 10-6
- Washington D.C.D.C. • Georgetown • 1065 Wisconsin Avenue • 202.298.5928 Sun 12-6, Mon–Wed 11-7, Thu-Sat
- Illinois Chicago • 1000 West Armitage • 773.525.4627Mon-Sat 11-7, Sun 12-5
- Massachusetts Boston • 342 Newbury Street • 617.247.2801Sun 12-6, Mon-Sat 11-7
- New York New York • 99 University Place • 212.677.1895Sun 12-7, Mon-Sat 11-8
- Texas Dallas • Highland Park Village • 4200 Mockingbird Lane • 214.599.7872Mon-Wed 10-6, Thu 10-7, Fri-Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
- Washington Seattle • University Village • 4618 26th Avenue NE • 206.526.2626Mon-Sat 9:30–9:00, Sun 11-6
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
Ego Alienous ("I Strange"in Latin): Tagged by Nautical By Nature
- Since we are sharing bed making stories, I have a hard time getting into an unmade bed or a bed that does not have white cotton sheets.
- I like Peeps (sugar coated marshmallow chicks or bunnies).
- I do not like tomatoes...my husband does not like them either.
- I kiss my dog on the top of her head at least 5 times a day.
- I like Michigan in the winter.
- Where I live, my political affiliation makes be a weirdo! People even steal our political signs off our lawn. Someday, I am going to live-wire the signs to teach these people a lesson.
- My kids think I am a strange because I was a dance team member at a Big 10 school. They are not impressed at all. According to them, the dance team is not a real sport.
- I spend hours and hours agonizing over the perfect invitation for my children's birthday parties. I have even had a friend bring back 25 Chinese dresses to deliver as invitations for an Asian theme party.
Thanks for tagging me "Nautical By Nature". Tag to "One Fabulous Mom" and "Red & White Preppy".
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
I learned that google has a great calender which allowed us to sign-into an account and self schedule our dinner for our friends. You can see which days are still available. We have new breakfast at our school where families bring in breakfast on Friday mornings and children read the newspaper while having breakfast. I guess this class used the same google calendar to for parent sign-up. I wonder if you can program automatic reminder emails?Anyway, what a wonderful day.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Pink Preppy Party Girl Pick:
Chanel and Her World
Coco Chanel Wore: Chanel No. 19
Jackie Wore: Fleurissimo, 1000 Patou, #5 Chanel, Jill Sanders #4, RI, Bal A, Versailles, JickyPink Preppy Party Girl Pick:
Sunday, February 3, 2008
I even had some great advice from a fellow blogger who doesn't know me and spent time discussing an issue with me.....what a wonderful person. Sometimes objective advice is just what you need to understand life.
In summary, I believe character and integrity in a person are very important. Many of these qualities are best displayed through a person's ability to be a good friend.
"My friends are my estate."- Emily Dickinson