Thursday, July 24, 2008

DOLLAR STORE ENTERTAINING TIP #1

Well, here is my latest tip to share with you all. I love the Dollar store! Dollar General usually has these nice little silver looking trays for guess how much.....a $1. I purchase them in quantity and when I head to an event in which I am asked to bring an appetizer, etc., I put our appetizer/dessert, etc. on one of these numbers and it looks beautiful. My girlfriend actually brought chocolate dipped strawberries on these trays around to her friends for New Year's Eve. After loosing a few priceless heirlooms, this is my new plan and I do not have to bring it home with me nor does the hostess have to deliver my platter, etc.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Such a great idea, I will have to look for them at the DG!!

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea, thanks for the tip! Becs

The Mrs. said...

Now that is a fabulous tip!

Sue said...

What a great idea for Christmas gift sharing. I started my shopping up north last weekend. These will be perfect for the cookie trays.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Love the dollar store - particularly Dollar Tree. For my daughter's birthday party one year I got all these little velvet purses and filled them with candy and that was the favor. They all loved them!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea!!!

Alison said...

This is brilliant! Love your blog!

Have a great day!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oh my gosh - what a GREAT idea. I'm going to my $$ store now!