Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Visit From the Christmas Bat

Photo from Flickr
Most families are visited by Santa Claus, an Angel or the Christmas Elf. We were fortunate enough to be visited by the Christmas Bat. Imagine being awaken to a lovely little creature swarming around your head. After all the screams, tears and the general "freaking out" by my children, my brave bat slaying husband put an end to this little darling's life. Thank goodness we're are a tennis family--the only way to catch a bat is with that expensive Head racquet that had just been restrung. We may not let our daughter (who owns the racquet) know about this.

Now on to animal control to see if our special present has the gift that keeps on giving...a case of rabies. If so, we will have a wonderful dose of rabies shots for the next week. "Merry Christmas You Filthy Animal"--Home Alone I (modified)

19 comments:

Only The Good Stuff said...

Oh dear! How strange and horrible! I hope that that he does not have the 'gift that keeps on giving' and everyone will be okay and no shots wil have to be given!

DietCokeStraightUp said...

Oh my gosh!!??!!?

Sandra said...

Wow! How horrible!?! Wonder how all this came about????

Ashley Turner said...

Oh my word!!! Great post!

GrannySmithGreen said...

I would have had a HUGE freak out! I'm kind of itchy just thinking about it! I know you are glad it's over!

The picture is hysterical! It should be in your Christmas cards!

No rabies, no rabies, no rabies!

*Kimmie* said...

Oh my goodness. You are brave, I don't know that I could even muster up the courage to retell that story!

I pray that you don't have to get rabies shots...ouch!

TG said...

Oh my god!!! How scary!!!

Unknown said...

that is intense!
crazy picture!

Jennifer said...

OMG! I would freak out! How does a bat get in the house?

madelin said...

Yuck!! I hope all the bats are gone before any friends or family visit you during the holidays!!

Gabi said...

sorry to hear that happened to you but OMG, hilarious!! Great picture.
hoping for no rabies.....
:)

Jennifer said...

I forgot to tell you I tagged you on an award on my blog days ago! Come over and see it!

Preppy Mama said...

OMG!! I would have been freaking out. How did you ever get that picture?
Thank goodness he's gone!!!

Mags said...

OMG...that's incredible! I'd still be freaking!

The Mrs. said...

That is gross but hysterical!!!

Janetta Gray said...

I would have freaked out! I am petrified of birds & bats...generally anything that can swarm around my head! I love the ornament. I think you should definitely get it to commemorate the event--hopefully that can be the "gift that keeps on giving" instead of the dreaded shots! Good luck!

Oh, & I tagged you in my latest post--check it out!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh... I would've freaked out too! Gross.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what I would do if I woke up to find a bat hanging over me- probably cry.. or move out, and let it live there.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...! That is so bizarre! Its funny though, because growing up that is how the 'men of the family' went after them if they ever showed up: they just grabbed one of the tennis rackets!

:)